Submit Your Work to the 2012 Festival
The Perceptions Dance Festival provides dance-based artists (emerging and established) with the opportunity to be presented in New York City. The festival is designed to support choreographers and companies around the country and internationally, providing the necessary technical aspects of staging professional work with minimal costs incurred. This festival provides artists with a state-of-the-art theater, expert technical crew, promotion and exposure in the New York City area, while creating the opportunity for growth and development by allowing each artist to focus solely on their art. Each night, the performance will be followed by a networking reception where artists can continue to build their networks with other artists, press and industry professionals.
Participants are encouraged to market themselves in addition to Festival marketing, and invite presenters & press that interest them. Participants are also encouraged to partake in the networking reception, and invite colleagues and industry professionals to build relationships.
With generous support, the 2012 Festival fees have been lowered to include a broader range of artists and build accessibility!
2012 Festival Details
Thursday September 20th
Friday September 21st
Saturday September 22nd
All shows at 8pm
Location: Triskelion Arts Aldous Theater
Technical rehearsals: 9/18, 9/20 & 9/21
Entries must include the following:
- Completed Application Form (below)
- Video link of the proposed work (rehearsal footage allowed. Video must be of the proposed work only. No montage videos)
- Time Limit: Including set up and strike, group pieces must not exceed 10 minutes. Solos must not exceed 6 minutes. Works should be in the contemporary/modern dance style.
- $30 non-refundable application fee payable via PayPal per piece submitted. (application will not be reviewed until payment has been sent)
- Current resume/bio for the choreographer or company emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choreographers/companies may submit multiple entries for consideration. Each entry requires separate completed application forms, video link and application fees. Multiple entries will not be considered without all mandatory criteria for each entry.
Applications are DUE BY TUESDAY, August 28th, 2012
Upon acceptance, choreographers/companies must submit the following:
- $60 production fee payable via PayPal or Check (per piece selected)
- Program information (title, dancers, music, special credits, etc.)
- (2) web-ready images for promotional materials
- Completed technical/production form (form will be emailed with acceptance letter)
Choreographers will be notified of acceptance via email by Wednesday August 29th
Acceptance materials must be delivered by August 31st, 2012. No exceptions.
Artists must be available for technical rehearsals specified on either 9/18, 9/20 or 9/21.
Each artist will be chosen to perform one evening. Some artists may be selected to perform twice, and will receive one tech time.
Accepted artists will receive technical/rehearsal time on either 9/18, 9/20 or 9/21, 1-2 performance dates on 9/20, 9/21 or 9/22, marketing and exposure, post-show reception with industry professionals, professional photos of their work, and the option for high quality video.
We are no longer accepting applications for the 2012 Perceptions Dance Festival. Please check back for the 2013 application, or sign up for our newsletter for alerts on new applications.